Sunday, April 28, 2013


If still doubtful and you have a lot of questions to ask feel free to bring any other official tax documents you received not mentioned above. See it more

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Foreign Nationals on a F-1 or J-1 Visas

Please bring your Visa and passport and summarize the following information: Your permanent address where you are a citizen. Your F-1 / J-1 VISA number. The actual dates entered / left the United States in 2011. The number of days you were in the United States for the previous three tax years Source Site

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Residential Energy Efficient Improvements

Please make the cost of the following applicable items available: high-efficiency heating & cooling systems, water heaters, windows, doors, insulation, qualified solar electric property, solar water heating property, fuel cell property, small wind energy property and geothermal heat pump property. Continue reading

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Business Use of Home

If your business uses a portion of your home, please provide a square footage calculation of the area used for business. You also need to provide the date you began using the space for business, how much you originally paid for the property and a summary of your utility expenses (gas, electric, oil, condo fees, landscaping, snowplowing, maintenance, etc), major home improvements and direct office expenses (repairs, business phone, etc). See it more

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Higher Education Expenses

In the condition that you are qualified to deduct your higher education expenses, please summarize how much you paid in tuition and books during the applicable tax year. You might also need to bring in all actual tuition billing statements as well. Amounts paid for tuition may include loans credited to the University. If valid, please have on hand how much you received in scholarships or fellowships and also bring in receipts for computers and peripherals you purchased for school. Note: Form 1098T (Tuition Statement) represents tuition billed during the current tax year. This is not always the number to use. You can only deduct the amount of “qualified tuition” & related fees paid. Continue reading

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Rental Property

Prepare a simple 1 page income statement showing the gross rental income you received during the tax year and your applicable expenses categorized and summarized by the type of expense (i.e. advertising, mortgage interest, real estate taxes, repairs, maintenance, condo fees, etc) if you received income from rental property (Schedule E). Also provide details like when you started renting the property and how much you originally paid for the property. Continue reading

Thursday, April 4, 2013


Get ready with a simple 1 page income statement which summarizes your gross self employment income for the tax year and your applicable expenses categorized and summarized by the type of expense (i.e. advertising, equipment, supplies, etc). Full Article

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dependent Care Expense

Please present the names of each care provider, their address, federal identification number or social security number, and the amount paid to each provider. Names of each child that was cared for and the total amount paid in child care expenses for each child are also needed. If you have a nanny and use a nanny tax service to handle the employment taxes, please bring in a completed Schedule H.

Full Article

Monday, April 1, 2013

Moving Expenses

Please summarize your moving expenses if move is employment related. The only items you can deduct are the following: the cost to move your household goods, storage and the one time trip to make the final move to your new location.

More On